Fish one of our fully stocked lakes or give our 5-Stand shooting course a shot. Challenge a colleague to a pick up game on the basketball court or pitch a few horseshoes.
If you enjoy the great indoors, the Purple Sage Ranch Lounge is a welcoming oasis where everyone can enjoy billiards, ping-pong, shuffleboard, cards, or music in the adjacent game room. Our bar comes stocked with house wines, beer and set-ups. Bring your own favorite mixer or vintage. At Purple Sage Ranch, we never charge a corkage fee.
- Team building ropes course (please contact us for complete booking information)
- 5-Stand shooting course
- Fully stocked fishing lakes
- Nature trails for hiking, jogging and spotting exotic wildlife
- Complete fitness center
- Outdoor basketball court
- Recreational bicycles
- Regulation horseshoe pits
- Tennis court
- Heated swimming pool
- Outdoor volleyball
- Complete game room and lounge area
Special meals and activities
- Pizza Party — your guests customize their own pizzas, we bake them in our wood-burning brick pizza oven. Comes with Buffalo chicken lollipops, salad bar, and all the condiments. Minimum 15 people ($10 per person in addition to the Complete Meeting Package).
- Steak Picnic — your guests select, season, and cook their own ribeye steak on our wood-fired outdoor grill or let us do the grilling. We provide the steaks, seasonings, and all the accompaniments for a fantastic outdoor cookout. Minimum 15 people ($20 per person in addition to the Complete Meeting Package).
- Campfire with S’Mores — we provide the fire, chocolate bars, marshmallows, graham crackers, and utensils. All your guests have to do is roast! ($10 per person in addition to the Complete Meeting Package).
- Campfire with Singing Cowboy — gather ’round and enjoy live ranch music with a handful of S’Mores. You’ll probably be invited to sing along! The Singing Cowboy appreciates chocolate as much as anyone ($10 per person plus $500 additional).
- Hayride — take a tour of our east pasture in the Purple Sage Ranch hay wagon and see exotic wildlife such as Axis deer, Black Buck Antelope, and meet “Stinky,” the only buck of our five Père David’s Deer, along with his four lady friends ($200 additional).
- Chili cookoff — people are passionate about chili (especially in Texas) and really get passionate when it comes to competing with teams! We set up and supervise, but your guests bring the creativity. We even provide the judges, or you can appoint your own. Once the final products are complete, your group will be served the chili as part of a fabulous Mexican buffet prepared by our very own Mercedes Soto. Includes a keepsake Purple Sage Ranch apron. Minimum of 15 people ($40.00 per person in addition to the Complete Meeting Package).
- Team building cowboy breakfast — we set you up at the campfire with everything your group needs to prepare their own breakfast. Lest you go hungry that morning, we’ll throw in a Chef just for supervision and support, but no cooking, that wouldn’t be fair. Minimum of 15 people ($40 per person in addition to the Complete Meeting Package). Includes a keepsake Purple Sage Ranch apron.
- Cooking class — your group will be divided into teams, each team responsible for certain courses of the meal. They will receive step-by-step instruction and support. The groups will then sit down for dinner and see how they did. You will find that bragging rights are more important to people than you ever knew! Includes a keepsake Purple Sage Ranch apron. Dinner only. Minimum of 20 people ($50 per person in addition to the Complete Meeting Package).
- Special occasion cakes — birthdays, anniversaries, retirements, you name it (except wedding cakes, we leave those to the specialists). We will bake you a cake big enough to serve all of your guests. Price ranges from $50 to $100 depending on the size of your group.
- In-room deliveries — be a hero and let us do the work, surprise your guests with a shirt, hat, or a bottle of Mercedes’ salsa bottled exclusively for them. Priced according to souvenir shop pricing plus $3 per item delivery fee.
- Casino night — your guests can try their hand at games like Blackjack, Craps, and Roulette complete with Las Vegas-quality gaming tables and uniformed dealers (price varies by number of attendees).
- Live Music — we can arrange for almost any type of music, tailored to suit your program or event (pricing varies according to musical act).
- Disc Jockey — we have a wide assortment of disc jockeys to choose from. Music to dance by or karaoke to….you name it (prices vary).
Our ropes course builds strong bonds
Perfect for groups to learn the ropes of team building and taking risks, our exclusive ropes course includes a challenging Zip Line in addition to a Pamper Pole, the Pecos High-Y, and one we call the Screamer Swing, for obvious reasons. All ropes course participants are securely harnessed and supervised by a professionally trained staff facilitator. Call for pricing and to arrange this unique activity. Three weeks’ notice required.
- Zip Line — A safe, high-speed ride through towering oaks.
- Pamper Pole — A 30-ft. pole with a small platform at the top. Participants climb to the top of the pole then jump from the platform to catch a trapeze.
- Pecos High-Y — High wires are fashioned 25-ft. up, to form a “Y”. Two participants start at opposite ends of the wires that form the arms of the “Y” and independently traverse the wires to where they meet. The participants then traverse the base of the “Y” together.
- 50-Foot Screamer Swing — The participant climbs to a platform or is hoisted by cable and pulled up by their team to the height of their choice — as high as 50 feet. The participant pulls the release cord and swings.
Don’t miss the 5-Stand shooting course
Purple Sage Ranch’s 5-Stand shooting course features six throwers to imitate the flight of a variety of game birds. Shooting is a great group or team building activity that encourages friendly competition. Beretta shotguns, ammunition, hearing protection and shooting glasses are provided. If you’re interested in this activity for your group, let us know and we’ll pull the trigger. Please call prior to bringing personal firearms ($35.00 per person includes tax). Three weeks’ notice required.
While the Purple Sage Ranch may be tucked away in the idyllic Texas Hill Country, it’s only a five-minute shuttle to Bandera, The Cowboy Capital of the World. A picturesque small town that’s big on Texas-style shopping, dining and entertainment, Bandera is home to old-fashioned soda fountains, authentic Texas BBQ joints and down-home saloons featuring hot live music and ice-cold drinks (guests paying individually must pay for off-site activities at location of activity).
- Tubing the Medina River — rates vary from $20–25 per person for a 2–3 hour ride. Activity is dependent upon current water levels in the river. When the water is flowing, we’ll supply the coolers!
- Golf — we have several golf courses within an hour drive of Purple Sage. We will be happy to make arrangements for you. Prices vary according to location and caliber of the golf course.